Cross The Tracks Weekender 12 Jun 2015
Cross The Tracks fuses the concept of Jazz heritage to current and boundary pushing live acts, with cutting edge electronic and African rhythms, transforming Summerhall into a weekend long club going destination. Each night features a distinct feel, Friday will be sculpted from African & Latin sounds, with the Saturday hosting eclectic Electronic performances. The roster features prominent contemporaries; Romare, Hidden Orchestra, Melt Yourself Down, Clap!Clap!, Falty DL and many more.
Featuring an eclectic mix of Hip-Hop, House, Electronica, Soul and Funk, the line-up has been curated by Edinburgh based DJ and promoter, Chris Knight (Astrojazz).
Visit the Facebook page www.facebook.com/CrossTheTracksEdinburgh for exclusive updates and news.
Buy gig tickets via http://bit.ly/edjazzcrossthetracks
Friday 24 July (9pm-3am)
- Hidden Orchestra: An original sound grounded in hip-hop, jazz and electronica. This Edinburgh quartet has built momentum on the European Festival / Radio circuit, with their beat driven sonic textures and deeply atmospheric stage shows.
- Falty DL: New York based producer Falty DL (Andrew Lustman) brings his impressive back catalogue to CTT. Having released remixes for Seun Kuti, The XX and Disclosure. A diverse sound, flipping between Two-Step, House, Drum & Bass and Lounge Jazz.
- Four Corners feat. Nubiyan Twist: Edinburgh Funk & Soul staples Four Corners present London 12-piece Nubiyan Twist live. Incorporating Afro-beat, Dub, and Hip-Hop into their performances, with a distinct, groove-driven sound.
- Fat-Suit: Blending tropical brass heavy music with funk guitar and bass, Glasgow Fat-Suit currently comprise of a 14-member line-up, and boast an array of influences from Scottish Traditional to Funk and Jazz Fusion.
- Syndicate DJs: Having recently hosted the like of Jazzy Jeff, Gilles Peterson and De La Soul’s Maseo at their 99 Hanover Street residency, they deliver diverse range of sounds.
Saturday 25 July (9pm-3am)
- Romare (live): Electronic re-imagining of the Jazz and African musical spectrums. Romare has been featured on Gilles Peterson’s 6Music show, and has just released his new album ‘Projections’ through the Ninja Tune label.
- Clap!Clap!: Ninja Tune label mate and producer Clap!Clap! brings Afro-centric sounds, mixed with a distinct 80s-Electronic and House vibe, featuring beautiful sampling and production.
- Melt Yourself Down: Wild fusions of free Jazz, raw Electronica and Arabic influences, gelled together with a very punk ethos fuelling some of the wildest sounds around, from this London 6-piece.
- DJ Format: A mainstay on the international Hip-Hop scene, DJ Format forges an incredible party atmosphere, bringing together Hip-Hop, Funk, R&B, Urban and Turntableism.
- United Vibrations: Combining the urgency of Fela Kuti with the kaleidoscopic perspective of Sun Ra, London 4-piece United Vibrations merge afro-beat rhythms with punk’s raw energy and presence.
- Samedia Shebeen DJ’s: The Samedia DJ’s bring their favela funk to Summerhall’s Main Hall. With production installs and tropical dance grooves.
- notsosilent DJs: Presenting everything that Edinburgh and Glasgow have grown to love from their residencies in Sneaky’s and La Cheetah.
Want more? Let our Cross The Tracks playlist be the soundtrack to your evening.